Monetary Award: $1,000
Eligibility and Criteria
Full-time, tenure track faculty who has passed intermediate review (entered into at least their 4th year at UT) and has demonstrated sustained excellence in service to the University, department, profession, and community. Their service is impactful and leads to student and community success.
- Nominations must be submitted electronically via the online form and should highlight how award criteria are met.
- Nominees will be invited to provide the following: (1) an abbreviated curriculum vitae; and (2) a 2 page (maximum) letter reflecting on their service experiences and how they have led to improved student success, improvements to the University, improvements in the community, etc.
- The Faculty Excellence Committee will select the finalists and invite them to provide a detailed portfolio and two letters of support addressing the award criteria. The portfolio will include, at minimum:
- A list and evidence of major service accomplishments and activities. Service can include service to students; the faculty member’s department, college, or profession; the university; and/or the community.
- Evidence of service quality, quantity, and impact (can include awards, letters, articles about the service, etc.)